Sunday, January 30, 2011

Antelope Peak Challenge






Yesterday was my first Antelope peak Challenge. A 65 mile tour of the desert outside of the town of Oracle Arizona roughly following the Arizona Trail. It was fun trail with no shortage of challenges. The 14 miles of the gas line road were the toughest for me, those hills really kill my energy. However the single track of the AZT and painter boy trails made me quickly forget about the gas line. It took me nearly 10 hours with stops to finnish. This was also the first test of my new generation 3 backpack. It worked very well, but no matter how well a pack is designed you will still feel the weight of 6 liters (1.5 gal) of water in the pedals. I felt like a semi truck for the first 40 miles. But i did finnish with a bit of water to spare at 10 hours!

Cheers-JF

No comments:

Post a Comment